Wednesday 6 January 2016

#2015besttwelve

Happy new year, people! 2015 went real fast , don't you think?

Speaking of the last year, just before Christmas holiday, I asked couple of friends, "How was 2015?" some of the answers are about feeling guilty of not doing something, or regret doing several things, telling me anything they haven't accomplished, bad events happened in last 6 months.

Then I asked again, "Anything make you happy maybe? Or anything remarkable for you?" then there are so many happy answers, "Finally I made a great movies with my classmates", "I knew myself better this year", "Got into so many opportunities in the last few months".

If you asked to yourself, what is the thing that comes up to your mind when someone say, "2015"? What is your answer? What's the picture you'd like to chose in your mind?

Few weeks before 2015 ends #2015bestnine trend was on. It's fun to do that, the feeling when you're waiting the website finally chose your best 9 picture of your 2015 posts on Instagram. I think to myself then, why not I choose them myself? Not nine. How about twelve? I'd chose one each month in a year.


I choose one picture each month on my instagram feed (avirosas).
The tone here isn't blend well, but I can tell I picked each of them with some reasons.
These pictures representing a story of one year of my early 20 life.

Everytime I say "2015" to myself, it's hard to not reconnect it to the year before, 2014. I took so many chances that I couldn't handle perfectly after. I was on that comfort zone of "Do it later" puffy couch. Sometimes I'm that on-fire girl and sometimes I play lazy-Grizzly style.

Like I said above, 2015 went real fast. Back then I'm really organized I know what I'm gonna do in the next 6 months after new year. The super organized girl still play her role until she's not on fire. She burned herself and lost that side when she needed it the most.

You shaped by your neighbourhood, that's true. Someone said I should relax a bit, but maybe I just did too much. So somehow I slipped.

On the journey of each month that i pictured above, was a story. Of my 2015. How I can easily inspired by so many things, so many people and references, or how I can easily swing it just in a few seconds. I look back. If life have an effect like an anime there will be cute-japanesse-fairytale-voice yelling "sugoi!" or that buzzfeed-featured girl saying "wow this is amazing". Not my life is that amazing that's not what I'm talking about but looking back to the past few months make me realize "This year has been a total surprises".

I realized that I ever standing brave took a chance I tought I never will, changing academic life directions for the sake of new challenges, dare to make a life-changing decisions. Many things that I never learned or even tried. Living several roles in a scene, trying new food I never taste, share life with a person I used to keep a distance. Always a time for the first time.

2015 was also a year of my 1995 squad being 20. In my head I tought "What a 20 yo girl should be in every role she had in her life now? What should be done before 21? Good GPA at school? Specific hobbies? Passionate career? Bunch of cool friends? A loving guy?". Those questions dried the second I fell asleep. But again, after you gone halfway, it's all answered. That 20 is only the cover of your cute planner book.

College just begin to get wilder, never settled. You figured out who is your friend and who you are to them. You don't talk love to your partner, rather about life ahead instead.
Thinking you have to be really good at something in life but you can be just great at anything you want. Why? Because human are awesome.

Awesome is my favorite word this year everytime I greet people a happy new year wish. Cause I feel like this year will do. Go rewk it, your next best-twelve.


xx,
Avi

No comments:

Post a Comment